• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Setting up Mimaki UJF3042 in warehouse space ?

ccchang1228

Hello

We currently have our machine setup in an office area with central ac. We are moving to a new space and we want to setup the Mimaki UJF3042 in the warehouse area instead but there is no central ac for temperature control and dust might also be an issue. My questions is if you can setup the printer in an warehouse environment.

Thank you

Phil

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The main concerns will be large temperature fluctuations and dust. If the warehouse is very cold in the morning and then heats up to room temp during the day, that can affect the pressure systems in a negative way. As long as the temperature stays within the specs, you should be alright. Just avoid major temperature swings. I would make a cover for when you aren't using the machine to cut down on dust accumulation.

ccchang1228

The main concerns will be large temperature fluctuations and dust. If the warehouse is very cold in the morning and then heats up to room temp during the day, that can affect the pressure systems in a negative way. As long as the temperature stays within the specs, you should be alright. Just avoid major temperature swings. I would make a cover for when you aren't using the machine to cut down on dust accumulation.

Thanks for the input. I think a machine cover will solve the dust issue. We'll simply put a cover when we are not operating the machine. I think the main issue is with the temperature. The warehouse temperature can fluctuate between night and day in southern California. It also gets around 90+ degrees during summer and 50 during winter. I was planning to use a portable AC but it wouldn't work well if the are is high ceiling and not well insulated.

I talk to the supplier about this and he said warehouse should be fine but preferably in a office space with temperature control. However, I don't want to take any chance since we only have one machine now. We can put it in the office but it is only 500 sq ft and we are planning for one more machine in the future. So we don't want to have the ink odor where we sit all day when its operating.

So I am just looking to see how everyone else does it or am I just been too cautious.

Thanks

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Unless the "warehouse space" is going to be kept clean (swept daily, mopped at least once a week, etc.), and you're not doing anything like cutting wood, running a router in there, leaving the roll up doors open, or anything else generating airborne debris, don't do it. Getting dust on the printer when it's not running shouldn't be the only concern- dust in the ink makes the prints look bad.
As for the temp swings- we get that here in Georgia, and our printers are in an climate controlled area. It runs a lot, but it's worth it to keep the temperature and humidity (a huge problem here) under control.
Personally, there is no way I would set up a new work space and not have the printers in their own enclosed area. Just my .02.

ccchang1228

Unless the "warehouse space" is going to be kept clean (swept daily, mopped at least once a week, etc.), and you're not doing anything like cutting wood, running a router in there, leaving the roll up doors open, or anything else generating airborne debris, don't do it. Getting dust on the printer when it's not running shouldn't be the only concern- dust in the ink makes the prints look bad.
As for the temp swings- we get that here in Georgia, and our printers are in an climate controlled area. It runs a lot, but it's worth it to keep the temperature and humidity (a huge problem here) under control.
Personally, there is no way I would set up a new work space and not have the printers in their own enclosed area. Just my .02.

We are probably just going to keep it in the office area where there is central ac. The good news is that the office area has windows, so we might just open that up to ease the ink odor. It's not that bad but its there.

I don't really pay attention to the humidity as much as the temperature since it doesn't fluctuate as much here. The humidity is around 35%-45% without the humidifier and the print quality is fine. However, I did purchase the humidifier for the machine, but got lazy of refilling water every two days. I think Mimaki machine is easier to maintain compare to my old machine. Anyways, thanks for the info. :)