• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SG-540 Cutting carriage no longer separates from the Print-head carriage

S&S

Hi, First time poster here but wanted to know if anyone has any advice of experienced something similar.
My SG-540 prints fine with the Cutting carriage and print Print-head carriage travelling together but when it comes to cutting after the print is finished the cutting carriage no longer separates from the Print-head carriage like it did before which is resulting in either a motor error or a terrible cut. It seems that the magnet that holds them together when needed is not disengaging.

Thanks for your time.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Sounds like a limit position problem to me. If that adjustment is out of whack, it will cause the head to fail to lock at the home position when the cutter tries to separate. There are a few YouTube videos showing the procedure.

S&S

Thanks for your
Sounds like a limit position problem to me. If that adjustment is out of whack, it will cause the head to fail to lock at the home position when the cutter tries to separate. There are a few YouTube videos showing the procedure.
Thanks for the advise. I tried to run the limit position setup but getting service code 0102 which I think is the head lock sensor error. Any suggestions. Not sure where this sensor is on the printer to check it.

Ultraman

Ultraman
If you push your print head back to home position, you will hear a click sound and it's just right behind...see pix

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 70