• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SG2 640 Not Printing Yellow After Clean

JesusM48172

I noticed some horizontal banding in my prints. Referred to the manual which said to perform a cleaning depending on the severity of dot displacement. This fixed the dot displacement in the test prints but I noticed there was no yellow. Instead the yellow was solid black. A few more test prints and it seems the yellow started to come back but it was mixed with black so looked greenish. The horizontal banding returned so I tried to clean it again and the yellow is black again.

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Sounds like either the damper is failing / failed and letting the black over to the yellow side or there is damage to the head. Take a peak at the yellow damper and see if there is black ink in it. Also could be the cap top if you haven't replaced recently, you could start by replacing the cap top and dampers, as that would be your cheaper option. I had something similar occur, but with my black ink on my SG-300, turned out the printer must have had a head strike or something that we never noticed and damaged the head, ended up needing to be replaced.