• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Shirt Printing on CET

synergy_jim

Here are some shirts we printed recently. I'm pretty amazed with how well they hold up and how well it prints. We developed a neat stretching system and template setup to print them.....

Attachments

• 467778_10152869454990368_1344090026_o.jpg
    467778_10152869454990368_1344090026_o.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 135

rjssigns

Here are some shirts we printed recently. I'm pretty amazed with how well they hold up and how well it prints. We developed a neat stretching system and template setup to print them.....

Too cool. I figured it could be done, you proved it. Didn't you post some time ago about printing on everything that would fit under the heads of your flatbed? Things like doormats, carpet, tiles, old barn boards...?

MrNick86

I have done a door mat, and a few tee-shirts as well. Just take extra care in making sure you eliminate any risk of head strikes. One of my shirts was only single hit and it faded a little through the wash. It has been washed a good 20 times now and still shows. The smell of the ink took a couple weeks to reside though. Cool stuff though, I am glad to see more people than just myself experimenting with different print applications.

RyanFelty

I also have a CET and love experimenting with different materials (burlap, tile, cork, etc). I tried the tee shirt thing once and it wiped off for some reason. Are there any pre-treatments you do to the shirt? I think it was just because mine was an older shirt.

supersignmart

Tee Shirts?

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why? I mean I've seen prints on toliet lids before, cinder blocks, bricks, 2x4's.
I have 2 flatbeds and understand what they can do but don't understand taking the time and the risk just to prove that
I can do it.

synergy_jim

Please don't take this the wrong way, but why? I mean I've seen prints on toliet lids before, cinder blocks, bricks, 2x4's.
I have 2 flatbeds and understand what they can do but don't understand taking the time and the risk just to prove that
I can do it.

Its simple. We had a need ( 250 shirts in 24 hours ) I like big designs and no local screen printers seem to get it.

We pride ourselves in being a shop that can do anything!!!! Today I printed a 2X shirt sleeve to sleeve just to prove it could be done.

As for pre treatment, none at all. Lamps on high, stretch the fabric over our platen and clamp setup we invented, and bam! 5 full color shirts every 5 minutes. $0.25 a square.

BTW, prints are very soft to the touch and fade consistent with DTG after the first wash. No smell after one wash either...

Thanks for the compliments everyone. Extra credit to who guesses which one in the pic is me...

synergy_jim

I also have a CET and love experimenting with different materials (burlap, tile, cork, etc). I tried the tee shirt thing once and it wiped off for some reason. Are there any pre-treatments you do to the shirt? I think it was just because mine was an older shirt.

Ryan, Ive noticed that 50/50 and 100% poly shirts print better and hold ink better. 100% cotton is a PITA.

domj87

Looks great! Screen printers in your area don't do all-over printing very well? I'm in Chicago and we've got a ton of people out here that can handle something like that!

Richard G

I have been looking at that CET for quite some time now and it's nice to know that you can do this if needed. you sound a bit like myself, no matter how crazy the customers request figure it out and make it work. My guess is your the one on the left end??

Letterbox Mike

OK, you gotta' share how you made the clamp system. I've been wanting to print shirts for our shop on our CET but I haven't been able to come up with a decent way to hold the shirts.

synergy_jim

I'm 2nd from the left..... not sure if I'm letting the clamp / template setup free in the wild, or if Im gonna build them and sell to people.