• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Show quality

ucmj22

ok, just had a couple come in looking to get their red 2012 camaro wrapped black with some designs on the sides and front clip. Im thinking of doing the wrap in black first then overlaying the designs. I have a couple questions. This is what I would consider a show quality wrap, covering all existing color even inside door jams. I am not comfortable disassembling this vehicle, but I know that much will have to be, so I will probably have to get some assistance from a body shop guy I do work for. does anyone have an idea of what the prep time for a wrap like this will be including disassembly and reassembly?
I was thinking of using Oracal solid color wrap film does anyone have a better product I should be using?
I almost feel like pricing myself out of this one:covereyes:

HulkSmash

dude, i'll tell you right now. Avery makes the best solid wrap vinyl. A baby could install.. it's so easy to install.. nice and smooth like butter.
Oracal is really aggressive with their solid color'd vinyls.. i guess it's preference.

Sam I Am

After "re doing" a Roush Mustang ( 2006 ) with it's 6th stripe kit, it will NEVER happen again for a "show quality" client. I came on board after the 5th install after repaint ( warranty ) and he wasn't happy with the other installs. Luckily this body shop had 2 RM's similar stripes. After the repaint the 5 previous stripe kits were rejected because of "not being centered, bubbles, trash, not being centered X2 and just didn't look right" I was called in. After cleaning, measuring, cleaning, re-measuring and using laser alignment tools, the owner went and measured what I had already set up for. After I told him to get his damn hands off of what I just cleaned, and if he wanted to assist it is 3 times the cost, he moved away. I had gotten to the short end of the rope the 4th time I stepped back and into / on him looking over my shoulder. I did the job, he was satisfied, got the check and nonchalantly stated " you better not damage it, there will NOT be a next time."

IF these folks are considering a wrap the same as show quality paint work you may never satisfy them. Tread lightly and listen very closely to their expectations. Walking away early may save you a world of grief.

ucmj22

yeah, since Im by myself, Im not really hot on the idea of locking up potentially 3 days to this car

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
I wouldn't do it.
It's just not worth it.
Love...Jill

+1

At the same time, good work gets a premium, so this might be a path you want to head down and take the risk. If this works out, there may be more business in it for you.

Sorry I can't comment on the specifics, as I am not a wrap guy either.

HulkSmash

you must mean before his daddy bought the company.

You're hilarious. My dad is in Haiti building an orphanage and a school to help children who are orphans, he's kind of a busy guy.

That is like 5 years old when this company was ran like a joke. I came along and grew a DEAD company from literally nothing. All before my 25th birthday
You can read more about me and my business, and how i've grown it in decembers issue of Sign builder illustrated.

No idea why you're trying to be funny, but you're about as funny as AIDS.

thanks bye

slappy

You're hilarious. My dad is in Haiti building an orphanage and a school to help children who are orphans, he's kind of a busy guy.

That is like 5 years old when this company was ran like a joke. I came along and grew a DEAD company from literally nothing. You can read more about me and my business, and how i've grown it in decembers issue of Sign builder illustrated.

No idea why you're trying to be funny, but you're about as funny as AIDS.

thanks bye

wooo, aids... i see you like to say that often here.. sorry you have it.

yeah, i looked at your daddy's fb page and seen all the orphanage kids. Sexy guy. Phillip right? Just figured you say you own it, but i looked at the secretary of states site and seen your dad did under his enterprises name. BTW, doesn't that belly of yours get in the way of your wrapping?? Nice wedding pic.

No interest in you or reading about your company.. Your the disease.

ProWraps

yeah, i looked at your daddy's fb page and seen all the orphanage kids. Sexy guy. Phillip right? Just figured you say you own it, but i looked at the secretary of states site and seen your dad did under his enterprises name. BTW, doesn't that belly of yours get in the way of your wrapping?? Nice wedding pic.

yikes. you need like a carton of cigs. what a hateful thing to write. haters gonna hate yo.

slappy

i dunno. but why the hate? i bet his daddy doesnt sit behind him all day and make sure he is doing his job.

sorry,,,, must be this high horse i'm riding tonight! has very tall legs like the one you and colorado are always riding around here.

and i enjoy working every day with my daddy.. and probably be glad i did when he's gone :smile: kinda my best friend. Nothing wrong with that.

HulkSmash

I was pretty young when we started, and he helped me. He knew business i knew the industry. I have no idea how your family works but, we stick together.

Glad you decided to check my dads facebook out, that's weird.
Anyways obviously you're upset for some reason, I've really never spoken to you.

Don't know. Let me know if you want some pointers on growing a business.