• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign Contractors Pricing Guide

2fast4you

Looking for information about finding something similar to SIGN CONTRACTORS PRICING GUIDE for reference. Any ideas?

2B

google, find sign websites that allow online pricing (buildasign.com, signs.com, gotprint.net, etc...)

While a price guide is a "quick" reference, we found the pricing to be VERY skewed for our area

NOTE: you have to know what your overhead is, what your break-even price is, and what you want to make a profit
The most significant factor is what are your competitors in your region charging, be competitive with your pricing, don't be the bottom dollar company

Last edited:

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
The sign expert has a guide as well as Signcraft.

I used to use both of them as a guide. But I strayed away from them. It's nice to see a ballpark. One is high and one is low. I used to try to shoot for somewhere in between. Now we just KNOW.

2fast4you

The last version I have is 2016. As said, it's a good reference to check against from time to time. I always used a Discount for those, to bring the prices closer to my area. Was just wondering what's out there.. Thanks.

Stacey K

I like making signs
The last version I have is 2016. As said, it's a good reference to check against from time to time. I always used a Discount for those, to bring the prices closer to my area. Was just wondering what's out there.. Thanks.
I have that guide from 2005 and it's actually a really guide as far as how it breaks things down for pricing.

netsol

yes
i still carry a 2015 edition
a great reference for a "ballpark" estimate

a great reference, when a prospective client asks about a type of work you don't normally do

Terry01

Think of a number, multiply it by your shoe size, add your age, divide it by 1 and thats roughly the price to charge. If it seems too low, just multiply the final figure by 2:cool:

John Miller

What do the materials cost, add a % mark-up. Charge for design, how long will the project take, be truthful, not optimistic, multiply that time by your hourly rate , add your desired profit. Look at the price you've come up with and the finished product, consider the perceived value, add additional charge if
applicable, DO NOT lower your price if it seems too high. That number is what you need to sell the job for if you intend to make a living. Good luck.