• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign remake

Pat Whatley

Opus?

Attachments

• opus.jpg
    opus.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 64

Pat Whatley

The shield shape around the lion's head is not going to work with that whompussed looking sign shape....and I HATE white signs. White signs look cheap and generic and get dirty looking quickly.

Since they are replacing the faces anyway if you can get them to abandon the shape it will work out a whole lot easier and better.

Attachments

• first christian.jpg
    first christian.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 77
  • fca2.jpg
    fca2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 75

John Butto

Nice layout Pat..

and since this is his first time, get away from all the outlines and keep it real simple with cut out vinyl

Attachments

• gangbanglogo1.jpg
    gangbanglogo1.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 83

Jwalk

Oh the do's and dont's of life!

If your struggling with illustrator which it looks like you worked through it,, anyway make a jpeg of the illustrator file then hack it in photoshop for the placement of it.

Its funny I know some giants in the industry that almost cant even turn on a computer let alone use photoshop or illustrator, but then again hand painting isn't necessarily state of the art is it.

Some of the advice on do's and donts sounded like you were reading a page out of my book. Oh that's ok I hope I never stop learning.

Jillbeans

I hate white signs as well, but it looks as if he's stuck with the substrate.
I also hate the red outline around the name.
You don't need that. Try a soft grey drop shadow.
The lion graphic already has the school colors in it.
I'd make the lion a bit bigger, make the name a bit smaller and place it lower on the sign.
(I'd do a mock-up for you but I am not in a creative mood)
Tagline and website fonts and sizes are a bit big, the lettering needs more breathing room and a border would look nice.
Love....Jill

Pete Moss

Big improvement from the first sign. I don't think it needs the outline on the text or the text to be italicized either.