• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sign tools 3 with corel x3

lbumbaca

Thats the feeling i got. Now i have a roland cx300. To cut from x3 i need cocut or are their any other programs that will work with x3. So i can cut from x3.

Kottwitz-Graphics

after about 3 weeks of study you can do just about 85% of anything sign tools can do.

Yeah, but with signtools it is easier, ie less steps.

I'm using it, and I like it for the fact that it will do a true vector outline or inline (in only 3 easy clicks...open program, select outline, select distance)

With Roland you don't need Co-Cut (I think). You can set it up to print, just make sure that all the paths have an outline. I have used cocut and liked it (once worked for someone that was cutting on a summa from corel), and I liked the fact it would do outlines, but it was a pain to export to cocut, outline, export eps back to corel. Signtools is much easier.

dclet

but it was a pain to export to cocut, outline, export eps back to corel.

wha? why would you go back and forth?

both cocut and signcutx2 have trial versions give em a go.

cfbeagle

I use it... it works great. But I just about only use it for cutting anymore.

All the other stuff I just do it thru Corel.

Kottwitz-Graphics

wha? why would you go back and forth?

both cocut and signcutx2 have trial versions give em a go.

because for some reason I have never been able to do a true outline in corel. I have asked the question, and been given the answer on how to do it, but it never seemed to work right (plus it was 8 or 9 steps long)...

Then it was easier to send to co cut and go that rout, but it was still a pain.

Like I said, I like Sign Tools. I just wish it would do shadows like CasMate...

R08

I use Signtools 3 for most cutting jobs. I find it so quick to just cut from Corel.
I even made myself some scripts to make the job even easier. Like automatically setting my job at lower left, setting page size to fit various vinyl sizes etc...

onesource

SignTool has its pros and cons but a great add on for the money.
When working with your graphics it's easier to pull it to size then type in the values.

Techman

but it was a pain to export to cocut, outline, export eps back to corel.

If you used cocut then you may remember that there is no exporting out then back in for certain techniques.

First outline can be done in corel.
Second if you do ad an outline in cocut its done without any exporting. ITs all done within corel by clicking on a button that brings up the cocut module and then you can add outline or contours there with just a few clicks away..

(plus it was 8 or 9 steps long)...

I think you may be mistaken. Outline in corel is just a click or two away and fully adjustable..