• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Signs 365 fail!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I'd like to send a big "Thanks for nothing" to Signs365.

I ordered a 7' x 40' mesh banner that would be installed on a fence. The area it was going already had the same type of banners installed, it is a large concert venue and this is one of the advertising spots they sell. They have been putting banners up there for 15 years. They are zip tied every two feet and there is never a problem.

UNTIL i used Signs365...

I loaded the banner up in my truck along with a dozen other signs that were going up and drove an hour to the place. When it came time for the banner I took it out of the tube and was highly disappointed in the grommets in the banner. They were not crimped all the way, very loose in the holes and some of the holes were double cut, leaving the a hole partly outside the grommet. A definite recipe for disaster. I knew putting it up I was going to be in trouble, but the event was the next day and I was swamped and made the best of it. I took photos and planned on bitching up a storm to 365. a couple weeks went by and I had to head out to the venue again. I drove by the banner and was glad it was still up. (there were 5 other banner the same size in the same place) I let my guard down bitchin to 365 cuz I was busy and didn't take the time to complain.

A week later I get a call from the venue that the banner blew down...

All the other banners were fine. I knew it was going to happen, shame on me.

After talking to 365 extensively they informed me the don't warranty their banners...

I'm not asking for a warranty, you made a bad product and should compensate me more than the $25 you offered!

I paid $750 for a banner that was grommeted by someone who had no idea what they were doing.

fool me once, not again 365!!!

grommets.jpg

tylercrum

We have a 10'x50' banner that we never installed because I noticed the grommets were like that as well. Some of them were hanging off the edge of the banner just waiting to rip completely out. And this mesh banner was supposed to go on the side of a building 4 stories up. I nixed the install pretty quick and we went another route but yeah, we've seen the same grommet mess in mesh banners from signs365.

nate

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Were you able to get this sorted out? We'd be glad to make a new mesh banner for you. Give Georgia a call at 801-305-1655 or sales@abacatalog.com

Thank you for looking

fresh

Signs365 is always a last resort for us. Yes, they are cheap and fast. But their QC is nonexistent. I have other vendors who are often twice the price but have a great product.

You should file a claim with your credit card company if they won't refund you.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
Sorry to hear of your troubles. Were you able to get this sorted out? We'd be glad to make a new mesh banner for you. Give Georgia a call at 801-305-1655 or sales@abacatalog.com

Thank you for looking

Luckily the artwork of the banner had a lot of white space all around, I was able to tape and fold over the complete edge and re grommet myself.

I will keep you in mind the next time though, thanks!

As far as 365 goes, I wasn't looking for all my money back, but something more than $25. At least acknowledgement that their product was not up to the standards that they portray!

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Aside from the lapse in workmanship, could you have used a conical punch to set the grommets tighter?

JB

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Is there not any reinforcement in those hems? It looks to me like this would fail even with perfect grommet placement. Simply taping the edges of a mesh banner is nowhere near enough strength for an outdoor banner.

T_K

I can understand them not giving a warranty on the banner once it's installed, since there are so many different factors that could cause a failure that are outside of their control.
But I would expect any company to admit when they make trash, and to make it up either financially or by redoing the work, assuming you contact them on receiving the bad product.
Once you choose to install it, however, I could understand them saying all bets are off.

skyhigh

A 7X40 Banner, and the grommets ripped out?? Like another said, even perfect placement (without the double punch holes), and that size banner is a recipe for disaster without WEBBING in the hems.

You're too experienced, not to anticipate problems with a flimsy banner this size.
It was your cheapest route and you got bit-in-the-***.
365 is not your "Engineer" or Wind Load experts. They just make what you ask for.

I would have refunded you $100 tops.
Granted, that is shoddy work with the grommets (how was their print??), but again..... you needed nylon in the webbing, and 365 doesn't offer that.

A QUICK TRIP TO LOWES OR HOME DEPOT for one of their hokey grommet kits (to tighten the loose ones, and add more) may have cost you an extra hour.....but saved you a lots of headaches.

Is there not any reinforcement in those hems? It looks to me like this would fail even with perfect grommet placement. Simply taping the edges of a mesh banner is nowhere near enough strength for an outdoor banner.

ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!
I would put nylon webbing in a 3x8 outdoor banner (unless it was a "one day" display)

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I agree, it was my product in the end and my failure.

I had never ordered a mesh banner from them before and didn't know what to expect. I was hoping for webbing but not sure if it was going to be on there, again, my failure for not looking at the banner before I got out there.

I expected more and learned my lesson. When I ordered a mesh banner from a reputable company I assumed I would get something that would work.

Sign101 sure did get their attention, after posting this I got a Credit of $136 posted to my account.

I think that is fair.

I knew better, but deep in my heart i'm a gambler and will always through caution to the wind (pun intended)...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I have nothing good or bad to say about 365 specifically, other than they did us VERY wrong just a few weeks ago. I didn't bring it to anyone's attention here, but another Merchant Member took care of me, after 365 dropped the ball..... in their court.

I hafta agree though....... S101 did get us taken care of on another matter a few years ago monetarily. Through these boards/threads, someone did notice something, contacted me and made retribution for a wrong-doing of years before that.

visual800

i get all banners from sign2trade, all prints from 365.

there are a few issues every now and then and I get it fixed asap. upload pics and dont accept any of their bs explanations.

im pleased with 365 but they need to fix broke stuff. as far as your situation you should have complained

Techman

a few really bad answers on this thread,

saying a client should fix an incompetent grommet install is really blaming the client. All the blame goes to the supplier. Why should a client spend another couple of hours to fix something that was wrong in the first place. No one can fix a miss punched grommet hole.

There was no need to send out that banner in that condition.

klingsdesigns

It seems like every time i order from them i have issues. I am getting a banner tomorrow from them that had to get reprinted. In the last 6 months they actually called me and told me that i have to realize that everything isnt going to come perfect from them. I couldnt believe that. They are also my last source if we cant do it in house. They basically told me i have to lower my expectations.

2B

to add on to the points already made.

as soon as the order arrived and you saw it was faulty should have immediately been on the phone. The longer you wait to show there was an issue the more leverage the vendor has to claim you / end customer did it.
Since there was plenty of space on the edges should have placed new grommets / reinforced edges before installing. because without fail the end user is going to blame the person who provided the product to them and not the person who did the mistake.

about lowering your expectations....... WOW there are enough vendors out there that will do good work and more importantly stand behind that work

it did make me chuckle to an old MAD TV skit about lowering your expectations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU0JpLMJY6U

klingsdesigns

to add on to the points already made.

as soon as the order arrived and you saw it was faulty should have immediately been on the phone. The longer you wait to show there was an issue the more leverage the vendor has to claim you / end customer did it.
Since there was plenty of space on the edges should have placed new grommets / reinforced edges before installing. because without fail the end user is going to blame the person who provided the product to them and not the person who did the mistake.

about lowering your expectations....... WOW there are enough vendors out there that will do good work and more importantly stand behind that work

it did make me chuckle to an old MAD TV skit about lowering your expectations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eU0JpLMJY6U

I have noticed they usually dont pitch a fit and get you a replacement very quick. Just sad that you have to look over everything you order from them to make sure it is descent quality.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think with the ridiculously high rate of lousy 'Quality Control' or lack thereof...... just about anything you buy, the first thing you are supposed to do is take it out of the box and make sure all the parts are there and in proper working condition. Almost any set of directions or warranty documents will say this. This will then void any help down the line, if you don't do this. They count on this step being omitted. The OP has already said he didn't do this and was still compensated, but really folks..... it just makes sense to check things out beforehand.

Recently, there was a thread about mistakes happen..... and they do, but there are certain avenues we can all take in order to not getting burnt by them.

True one. The handle on our refrigerator door for the freezer portion broke off cleanly the other day. I called the people for parts I was directed to and explained everything from model number to serial number to colors and she described it to me. Bingo, we had a match. She described it to a 'T'. Came in the mail and guess what........ it was wrong. Holes didn't line up at all and the piece was a fraction of an inch smaller. It won't fit snugly and the holes won't take the screws properly. Called them and they said, well you had agreed to the parts we sent. Yes, but ultimately, I can't use them. You sent me the wrong configuration. I gave you all of my information. Either someone pulled them wrong or your numbers are wrong. The unit is only 6 years old and I don't wanna buy a new one. Send me the correct ones and send an MRA for these other two. Click.

Buyer beware, huh.............​

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
It is truly unfortunate to hear about these issues from signs365. I have spent a lot of money with them over the years and am normally well pleased with the products that I get. My only real complaint with them is how tight they sometimes roll prints, I have seen it cause issues with the laminate. Aside from that, everything else has been good to go. Sorry the banner didn't turn out well for the OP. Maybe next time it will be better.

nate

Luckily the artwork of the banner had a lot of white space all around, I was able to tape and fold over the complete edge and re grommet myself.

That's good. I was just in your town looking at the Niagara Falls. A lot of people like to go to Canada, but I prefer the US side. Plus this was the first time I got to see it at night with all the lighting. Pretty cool place.