• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Silicone-Free SCREENPRINT blockout white ink?

Brian Tickenoff

We have a big job coming up and we'll be printing on a rigid substrate that comes in a variety of colors. But then we need to digitally print on them. Due to timeframes and cost, it does NOT make sense for us to print white digitally. It's just too slow and pricy.

Our problem right now is that our digital ink has some adhesion failures when we print on screenprint white. Our digital press manufacturer, Durst, says that the white in we print on needs to be silicon free in order to have proper adhesion. Our screenprint ink supplier, Nazdar, does not make a silicone-free blockout white UV ink for screenprinting. Does anyone out there know of a company who makes a blockout white that is silicone free?

Looking for any alternatives. Thanks!

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We have a big job coming up and we'll be printing on a rigid substrate that comes in a variety of colors. But then we need to digitally print on them. Due to timeframes and cost, it does NOT make sense for us to print white digitally. It's just too slow and pricy.

Our problem right now is that our digital ink has some adhesion failures when we print on screenprint white. Our digital press manufacturer, Durst, says that the white in we print on needs to be silicon free in order to have proper adhesion. Our screenprint ink supplier, Nazdar, does not make a silicone-free blockout white UV ink for screenprinting. Does anyone out there know of a company who makes a blockout white that is silicone free?

Looking for any alternatives. Thanks!
like this?

VizualVoice

I just learned how to change my title status
Wow, I'm honestly shocked that Nazdar didn't have a solution for you. That's who my first inclination to ask would have been.