• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Silver Medal 2 printing errors

artofacks1

Hello,

I tried printing Silver Medal 2 today but when the edge fx ask for the foil and I insert it. It says that it is the wrong foil. Has anyone ever encountered this problem before. I checked and made sure it is correct in Omega but I cant figure out why the error persist.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I've never used the Silver Medal 2 but in reading the attached info sheet, my best guess is that you may have an overprint with an incompatible foil in your setup. Silver Medal 2 can only be overprinted with Gerber Transparent Series foils. So if a Gerber Spot or Process foil is in the setup, it may be telling you that it won't work.

Attachments

• GerberColor Medal Foils.pdf
    178.4 KB · Views: 131

jfiscus

Rap Master
The EdgeFX reads those little RFID chips in the foils that tell it what foil you have and how much is on the roll (IIRC). I remember occasionally that the chips would go bad or be incorrect and you had to push "override" or whatever on the printer.Here we only have the Edge1 & 2 so they don't have those chips.

What's your second color?

Robert,

As Fred said, it might be an incompatibility. But it also may be a profile issue. In other words, depending on what you are telling it you are printing on, it may not think you can do that. Sometimes it's frustrating when you just want to try something, and it won't let you. Protecting you from yourself is sometimes overreaching.

The quick fix is to remove the RFID tag from the blue plastic piece on the supply side of the foil refill. Then the FX won't know what you are trying to print with and it will ask you if you will accept a non Gerber foil.

I hope that helps,

Doug Goodloe
800-232-8018