• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Simple Storefront Makeover

Joe Diaz

Here's the before:
attachment.php

Here's the sketch, they wanted to go for a garage look:
attachment.php

Here's the after before the goose neck lamps were installed (I need to get a better more recent photo.)
attachment.php

attachment.php

This is a mural we did inside on barn wood:

attachment.php

We didn't fabricate the tin awning btw.

Attachments

• Sketch.jpg
    Sketch.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 535
  • Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 254
  • After (1).jpg
    After (1).jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 240
  • After (2).jpg
    After (2).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 213
  • After (3).jpg
    After (3).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 218

Joe Diaz

The back panel is aluminum with aluminum tubing, painted with Nova Color paints and cleared. The circle panel is 3/4" PVC painted with Nova Color and cleared.

SignManiac

Looks great. I assume it's a well know establishment. At first glance, I wasn't immediately clear that it's a restaurant and until I saw the eating utensils in the logo, I thought it really was a filling station. But it really does class up the building! I'm working on a couple of similar projects myself.

Joe Diaz

It wasn't a well known establishment when we did the work. but it is now. It's hard to find a place to sit if you go right at noon. I had similar concerns about the name and brand. I had to fight a little to get the eating utensils on there, but you have to keep in mind this is a small town. it didn't take long at all for people here to figure it out. Plus the family is pretty well known and the parents of the owner used to run a restaurant years ago that people still talk about today. Their name alone probably would have worked well as a design.

The gas station theme actually works really well during tourism season because we have car shows about every other week and car tours going down 66 multiple times a week. Most of them stop in town because we have the states's rt 66 museum in town and also the Pontiac Automotive museum. So these guys decided to capitalize on that. The interior has a bunch of automotive themed memorabilia. So it seems to be working.