• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SJ-500 Print Head Replacement

lodcomm

Hello Folks,

My Trusty old sc-500 has begun printing random black horizontal (1 jet wide) lines throughout my prints. Speaking with the ever helpful Dave over at solventprinterconversion.com (who has endlessly helped me over the years) He feels that my print head is starting to give up the ghost and should be replaced. I have a brand new Dx2 color print head that I piurchased a few yrs ago, and will replace the forward head. My question is - can someone point me to a document or detailed instructions on how to perform the replacement. I have the mechanical & electronics ability to perform the swap, Just looking for a possible outline for the process to avoid the various pitfalls I have read about when folks go about "ham-handedly" performing a head changeout and end up blowing a transistor or such.

thanks in advance!

-todd