• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Slowing down or staying busy?

Bill DiStasio

Just curious how everyone’s doing? I noticed a slow down but I’m still busy with larger projects. The work load is manageable compared to the last 2 quarters in which I was very overwhelmed. Im not so rushed which is nice and cuts down on errors. I have quite a few jobs for business who want get expenses in for years end. I also picked up 2 more schools for doing senior banners. I did a couple inside wall applications which got me additional jobs as well. Over the last year I’ve steered away from small “personal” tyke jobs and went after schools - they don’t go out of business and there’s new freshmen every year in need of apparel, new seniors in need of banners. It’s interesting to see how the type of work we do changes. How about the rest of you? I assume there’s some slow down but keeping steady?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely a slow down that started with retail a few months ago. Service business seem to be lagging a couple of months. Ive seen it in my other businesses.

ProSignTN

I'm a real small outfit and I don't advertise. When I start a project I send a short cut of the customers folder to my desktop. 12-15 at any given time keeps me busy. There are currently 40 shortcuts. I think I just need to delete some shortcuts and hope they don't notice. A lot of my repeat clients are growing, or at least making enough money to invest it into looking good. It seems like every time a go do a survey somebody who knows me sees me and needs another sign.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Sounds like most people are still busy as heck, that's great! I have also had the best year I ever had, super happy about that!

Nov-Jan is typically slower than the rest of the year. Second week in February I get really busy again.

I'm OK with a month or two of not being in a constant state of "rush". Since I'm solo it's a nice time for me to get caught up on bookwork for taxes, do any reorganizing, update my website, take a vacation, clean out the back room, go through all my pricing, etc.

Opening week of deer hunting is next weekend so I will be slow that entire week, lots of hunters here.

sinclairgraphics1

Sinclair Graphics & Installations
Busy, busy, busy and no slow down in site. Our installers are jammed with work all day everyday and we have our contractors doing nights and weekend installs every weekend making the big bucks. Now up North here the
cold temps have arrived and we can't do any of the vinyl work outside so that will be backlog for quite some time. Get a 50° day and we'll be outside all day getting to those jobs as we can.

HCG

Just curious how everyone’s doing? I noticed a slow down but I’m still busy with larger projects. The work load is manageable compared to the last 2 quarters in which I was very overwhelmed. Im not so rushed which is nice and cuts down on errors. I have quite a few jobs for business who want get expenses in for years end. I also picked up 2 more schools for doing senior banners. I did a couple inside wall applications which got me additional jobs as well. Over the last year I’ve steered away from small “personal” tyke jobs and went after schools - they don’t go out of business and there’s new freshmen every year in need of apparel, new seniors in need of banners. It’s interesting to see how the type of work we do changes. How about the rest of you? I assume there’s some slow down but keeping steady?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What type of senior banners do you provide, I'm in CA and have not pushed that yet but know a High school vice Principle.

gnubler

Nov-Jan is typically slower than the rest of the year. Second week in February I get really busy again.

I'm OK with a month or two of not being in a constant state of "rush". Since I'm solo it's a nice time for me to get caught up on bookwork for taxes, do any reorganizing, update my website, take a vacation, clean out the back room, go through all my pricing, etc.
Same here. Last year I got slow during Oct/Nov, then the rush started again. I'm in the midst of moving my shop and I've been intentionally laying low so I can make the transition as stress-free as possible.

Stacey K

I like making signs
What type of senior banners do you provide, I'm in CA and have not pushed that yet but know a High school vice Principle.
2'x4', 15oz, no hem. I do one design per school, per year and they have a couple parents "with fancy camera's" take the photos and send them to me. I remove the background and zits and set them in the banner, change up the name and print. The "Raiders" do a banner for each sport and some of the groups. My son will have 3 banners by the end of the year but some kids have 5-6.

We had 100 seniors last year and I think I ended up doing about 80-100 banners. I grabbed 2 more schools recently.

I also do fatheads. Parents typically purchase them for homecoming games or if the kids go to the playoffs. Of course, no fatheads for the ice fishing team or golf LOL, just the more action-packed sports.

Attachments

• 314905674_1822456474785281_4165978154530432484_n.jpg
    314905674_1822456474785281_4165978154530432484_n.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 188

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
We slowed down in October and then the end of October hit and it picked up even more than before the it slowed down. We have a bunch of accounts circulating back through. Pool Companies getting more trucks to be wrapped, Big companies with local offices needing wall graphics. year end company employee appreciation gifts.

and the Astros won the World Series.

Attachments

• Resized_20221108_121447(1).jpeg
    Resized_20221108_121447(1).jpeg
    643.9 KB · Views: 173

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
We slowed down in October and then the end of October hit and it picked up even more than before the it slowed down. We have a bunch of accounts circulating back through. Pool Companies getting more trucks to be wrapped, Big companies with local offices needing wall graphics. year end company employee appreciation gifts.

and the Astros won the World Series.
Is that your storefront?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
The economy is doing too well still... GDP was up this quarter after being down, inflation came in a little lower this month. Employment is still high, travel is outrageous. TV can't stop talking about a recession for some reason. A recession will happen, but when? no one knows. Same thing as late 2010s... Thry talked about recession for years and never happened. Whenever things go well there are always people talking it down to get attention. Can't we just enjoy what we got for the moment?

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I'm curious with all the copyright talk on this form, where does a storefront like this fall on the copyright/trademark spectrum? Definitely great advertising as it gives an affiliated with astros vibe
So, we aren't selling anything with their logo on it. We actually changed the graphic. We are paying tribute to them for the win, just like several other companies are doing in Houston.
If I'm going to get a deluge of comments over these two things, just know that I know the right people in the Astros organization.