• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just In So, does this look kosher....................................... ??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
len@mipo.asia
5:01 AM (6 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

to me
cleardot.gif

(Letter to the President or Brand Owner, thanks)

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are the department of Asian Domain Registration Service in China. I have something to confirm with you. We formally received an application on Dec. 9, 2020 that a company which self-styled "Acomern Co." were applying to register "my name" as their Brand Name and some domain names through our firm.

Now we are handling this registration, and after our initial checking, we found the name were similar to your company's, so we need to check with you whether your company has authorized that company to register these names. If you authorized this, we will finish the registration at once. If you did not authorize, please let us know within 7 workdays, so that we will handle this issue better. After the deadline we will unconditionally finish the registration for "Acomern Co". Looking forward to your prompt reply.

len Tarng

Senior Manager

M P Network || mipo asia

Raven Graphics

I mean, if they're not asking you for cash, I can't see what would go wrong with telling them you didn't give permission for the use of your name?
Once you have to "pay a fee" to retain the name, that's where I'd be a bit more dubious!

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Of course, everything on the internet is real. You better jump on that or soon you will see "Gino's" branded chinesed sized rubbers at your local 7-11

Gino

Premium Subscriber
First one I remember. I kinda figured as much, but it never hurts to ask. Don't wanna pass up a chance to possibly have your own brand of raincoats in the stores.

Humble PM

If I'm lucky, one day I'll be a Eudyptula minor
We've gotten similar emails for several years now. It's a scam.
Hello.

I'm a part of Photofusion dot org. Photographic centre, a lot of our production blends photography and sign making.

For the best part of a decade, we've been getting these emails. Mostly dot CN. None of them warned us that Zeiss were going to bring out light reacting lenses. They're called photofusion.

Wish we'd have bought the dot com domain as well.l

Long time listener, first time poster.

Humble PM

cleardot.gif

I searched this "mipo asia" looks legit, but who knows.
Without googling you, I'd say no. Almost certianly a scam (but IANAL...)
Edit.
They almost certainly have well trianed bots / personnel checking the registrars, then contacting the most likely conflicts/marks. Most refernce .cn

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
That's a new one to me.
On an only very slightly related note, I got a call today from Visa Master services, so as always I hit 1 to get my rates reduced or whatever, then set the phone down. Today, for the first time ever, they put me on hold! I just called the office and asked them to put me on hold, merged the calls, then listened to dueling piano hold music...

If you want hold music so bad, you can find it on YouTube. Suprised Gino and Signage haven't added this to their collection yet.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ohh..... ?? I thought that was their name because they have little d!cks over there, the size of your sole finger. :rolleyes:

Humble PM

Reading your comment, once I hit this line, I was certain you were one of these weird bots... Rereading it 3 times I finally put 2 and 2 together!
Welcome to the input side of the forum!

Well thank you. After long days, the mental anaesthetic kicks in, and the thought speech typing subtly slows to a Stephen Hawking pace.

Humble PM

That was cruel, not even funny.
Damned internet inflections.

Grew up in Cambridge, only once met SH once, while working in a camera store as a kid (late 80's). 30 seconds after he arrived at the counter, he asked me what the differnce was between the Leica 10x30 and the zeiss (recurring theme in my life) 10x30 binoculars were. Sentences constructed using words that would not have been stock in his voice machine, operated (memory slightly vague now) either with eye control or joystick control. The man was a hero of mine.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Indeed that's our music! The truly worst is walgreens. It's about 14 notes on the piano, syncopated, that abruptly stops and is interrupted by "I'm sorry, but our pharmacists are assisting other patients..." Then it repeats the exact same thing, 3 times a minute.

That's badass! He was a hero of mine ever since my mom made me sit down and watch a documentary on him when I was like 10 doing a report on black holes.
Amazon is like that. Their music starts off good and as soon as it gets going they interrupt and it starts over.