• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So how screwed am I really.

B893P78

So, yea this happened today, this machine has been an absolute workhorse for me, but I wasn't paying attention today. Th print head looks fine, and it prints fine. The printer works normally but minus this piece.
I am going to look around to see if it's something I could buy. It looks like it's held one with a double-sided adhesive tape.

Attachments

• PrintHead.PNG
    PrintHead.PNG
    166.2 KB · Views: 208

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I've got an S80600 - ours recently fell off too. We haven't had a chance to put it back up there yet - but printing away like normal.

Would love for anyone to chime in on how to adhere it back on... there is another thread about this very part falling off - but haven't had a chance to dig it up yet and see what others suggested for putting it back on. Apparently it will fall off after time, because the cleaning solution eats away at whatever adhesive was holding it up there.

B893P78

Yea there is a bunch of cleaning solution behind it, and it happened right after I did the monthly cleaning.

cmoist

Its the cover for the ink mark sensor. It is just held on with double sided tape along the edges. It needs to be clear, so if yours is covered in ink or otherwise, you'll need to replace it. You can just cut one from a piece of clear plastic. Attached is the shape in vector form.

Attachments

• Sensor Cover.pdf
    339.6 KB · Views: 47