• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

software question?

JAMEY

You have to have CoCut Pro with that CorelDraw. Im sure the Techman just forgot to add that. He is worlds ahead me on this stuff. I didn't even buy my equipment yet. I figured I'd read here all winter first. Now...I am about ready.

I too was wondering the same thing. We could easily go with a few grand program like Signlab Pro or SignLab Pro...but Corel gives us a lot more graphics ability. Our Printer/cutters come with RIP (cutting) programs. If we want to cut from within CorelDraw, we just add CoCut Pro to our Corel arsenal.

A lot of people use that combo and are quite happy with it. I am at the point of do I just my Versaworks or do I get CoCut Pro for my new SP300V I am ordeing next week. I already have CorelDraw X4 sitting here on the desk.

Decisions. Decisions.

Note: I just helped for the first time here. LMAO!

chopper

We could easily go with a few grand program like Signlab Pro or SignLab Pro...but Corel gives us a lot more graphics ability.

hey BOTTOM LINE I would like to know what graphics ability that corel has over sign lab??? please do not take offense to this I am not bashing if it is better I may want to change!!

I use sign lab I can print and cut at the same time I can design and cut at the same time once the cut job has spooled or completed its down load to the cutter, I never really need to do this I will try it when I cut the next job to see what it dose,
//chopper

JAMEY

Read this thread. I'm sure these guys can answer the question.

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28156

That's just one example. There are many more.

I am going on what I read here in these forums and at other forums. What I wrote was not from my experience...but from a general consensus of what I've gathered over the winter really. Believe me...I have been looking for a reason to get Signlab or FlexiSign...but haven't so far.

chopper

I dont think that corel can do more than sign lab or flexi I am not an avid user of corel, I have tried it but I didnt like the way it worked, it takes several more steps to do the same thing like shadows etc... I am not saying that corel is bad, I just learned on sign lab and to go back to doing more steps to do the same process just dosent seem right, but if you learn it in corel then it may seem funny to do it in sign lab or flexi, also having to open a different program to cut is just another step, the sign lab will even accept adobe plug ins for custom affects,
I guess it come down to what you are comfortable with,
corel is cheaper that is for sure but I do not think it is better,
//chopper

Cadmn

Corel cannot rip but signlab can! Signlab can open files that corel can't!
Most programs can open certain files that others can't as far as opening another program to cut I got roland plotter & it cuts right from corel & I've done that for years.

Last edited:

signage

Cadmn I realize that! I have both Corel and Signlab can open a lot more files than corel can! I have a graphtec and can cut directly from corel! If the plotter you have has a windows driver you most likely can cut from graphic programs, most of these plotter came from the cadd area which I know you are familiar with.

Ken

Using a versacamm sp300 I export my corel files as a .eps file. ( You need to have cut paths in place before you export)
Send to the rip( in my case colorip 2.2) where the cut lines will be recognized. Takes a couple of extra steps( and time) but did not cost thousands more.
Ken

JAMEY

I'm being told that Versacamm users can download a file from Corel that allows us to cut from within Corel. Does it slow the Rip?