• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

some problems faced using photo tex

Hello, Let me answer these questions. If you are using Solvent or Eco-Solvent ink, you can scratch into the ink as the solvent does not carry the same characteristics as the UV, Water Base or Latex. So we do recommend liquid lamination in high traffic areas when using Solvent Ink and also for outdoor use (again Solvent only). Now if you want to wipe the material with a damp cloth, then again we recommend you use liquid laminate with any ink. We really do not get any complaints concerning people scratching into the material though. But you can always e-mail me. I will do my best to take care of any questions! Walter Jr. President Photo Tex Group

Last edited by a moderator:

jfiscus

Rap Master
I haven't used phototex for a few years now (since my last job), but we printed on a Roland SP540 & had NO problems with scratching phototex. I did always install it with MacTac felt blocks though.

We had one large job that went on the side of a box truck to advertise a yearly event. We put it on the side of the box truck, then removed it after a month (put it back on its backing paper), and re-installed it every year for three straight years with no problems with the material/ink.

34Ford

Oh thanks.

No problem, Ill just use a card.

I want to try this on my SP540i Looks like a nice product.