• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Something never tried...

letterman7

How does one create a screen shot in X5 that shows the entire screen - palettes, icons and toolbars? Is it even possible? And yes, I've tried the "PrtScn" button on my keyboard... it does nothing :)

letterman7

Snag It? Is that a program? No matter... Corel already figured it out with the program "Capture" available on the CD with all the other goodies. If I had just spent the time to read the damn instructions... :)

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
How does one create a screen shot in X5 that shows the entire screen - palettes, icons and toolbars? Is it even possible? And yes, I've tried the "PrtScn" button on my keyboard... it does nothing :)

Does nothing?
Using a PC?
If yes, after you hit prtScn you have to paste the screen grab into an open document in your graphics program of choice.
If you still get nothing have your PrtScn button replaced.....
Draw X5 comes with "capture" that will allow you to take snapshots of your workspace and save them to a folder with a single hotkey.

wayne k
guam usa

ChiknNutz

I used Corel's capture and it does a pretty good job overall. After having used SnagIt though, I'm a big fan. Have been using it for quite a while now.

Jillbeans

I just hit the Print Screen button (top right on keyboard)
then open my photo editing program (Microsoft PictureIt)
then start a new project then hit Paste (orCTRL+V)and there it is.
You'll have to resize it using the photo program as well.
Love.....Jill

signage

I just use the print screen and open a new CorelDraw page and paste in it and resize as needed or edit as needed!

thewood

Print Screen definitely works for this. If it doesn't, you may need to enable the F LOCK on your keyboard (if it has said feature).

Gene@mpls

For you multi screen peeps- if you do Alt- PrtScrn it will only copy the
prog you are using. Someone just clued me in on that and I use it all the
time now. Gene

letterman7

Does nothing?
Using a PC?
If yes, after you hit prtScn you have to paste the screen grab into an open document in your graphics program of choice.
If you still get nothing have your PrtScn button replaced.....
Draw X5 comes with "capture" that will allow you to take snapshots of your workspace and save them to a folder with a single hotkey.

wayne k
guam usa

Well, I'll be. I was looking for some kind of confirmation pop-up that the screen had been captured (using the PrntScn button). Yep, all is right in X5... ya learn all kinds of things every day! Thanks everyone for the input!

R