• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

something quick

OldPaint

this is a redfish........and the EMERALD COAST IS.........
http://www.emeraldcoast.com/ just to inform those who dont know what either are.

Attachments

• redfish.jpg
    redfish.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 151

Dot-Tone

Sheesh. You all are harsh. I thought screen print artist could be brash. lol. I would agree with what many of the harsh comments, but I myself, prob would try to be more friendlier. more inviting for future dialogues from this person… than many of you. After all, we are all AWALYS students ourselves.

The black dot is a giveaway identifier of a red fish. The tail tipped up out of the water is also an identifier. When people see a tail tip with a black dot in the water, It gives away the kind and approximate size of the fish. If you know that area is 2 feet deep, and you see the tail stick up, you have a target fish as they have size limits of not less than 18" or more than 27". The are grass eaters and feed off the bottom (sticking the tails up out of the water in shallow areas).

Dot-Tone

and now you know...even if you didn't care to.

Hey look everyone! It's the warm welcoming committee.:Welcome:

One or several of the above people gave indication that they didn't know what a red fish was…and why the original poster had that tail in the design. (They thought it was an eye) at one point. Thus the little explanation. Now, that I've explained myself,, where is your beneficial contribution here?

uhm i think the photo above of the species cleared any and all doubt...face it you just wanted to talk about fishing and share your fishing knowledge on a sign forum most of your post had nothing to do with describing the actual fish but rather the habits and nature of said fish.

didnt think you needed a welcome after being a registerd member for 2 yrs...but welcome hope it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

now what else would you like to educate us on that is particular to your state?

Dan Antonelli

Please, oh please, refrain from using black drop shadows on white backgrounds.

Jill, ya nailed it with the last one. I'm buying that script too - thats hot.

OldPaint

mach1......you missed this:
"4"x4" or 4"x6" they are pretty much gonna be give aways to all the members."
so i dont see money being spent.

Dot-Tone

uhm i think the photo above of the species cleared any and all doubt...face it you just wanted to talk about fishing and share your fishing knowledge on a sign forum most of your post had nothing to do with describing the actual fish but rather the habits and nature of said fish.

didnt think you needed a welcome after being a registerd member for 2 yrs...but welcome hope it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

now what else would you like to educate us on that is particular to your state?

Being registered don't make me an old timer here. Let me guess. Your the "big dog" on campus and want to teach the new guy a lesson …right? let me know who's boss and all aeh? Ok, sure. Your the boss. You been here 5 years and well over a 1000 post. Ok. So?

About fishing,
As far as "wanting" to talk about fishing. Thats dumb to say that it's what my motive was…but Yes, I do like it none the less. Like you, I'm a seasoned forum poster, well enough to know that you can do that one a forum like this. I like fishing. There, I said it again. Just went camping this past weekend. If you want to here more about that, send me an email. Would love to talk about it.

Don't act like all of your post are always 100% sign talk Mr. Holier than thow.:notworthy:

EDUCATION:
As far as what can I educate you on? Manners for one. I don't like name calling, rudeness or trouble makers. I do hold my own when the scrap starts flying so… let me alone, don't be rude and we can get along. I'll even call you Boss if you like, I don't mind.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sheesh. You all are harsh. I thought screen print artist could be brash. lol. I would agree with what many of the harsh comments, but I myself, prob would try to be more friendlier. more inviting for future dialogues from this person… than many of you. After all, we are all AWALYS students ourselves.

If you look around.... just about every post was a help to the OP. Help comes in many flavors and you don't have to like them all, but remember.... if you wanna focus on the 'Harshness' as you put it, you'll miss all the good being done.

Dot-Tone

thou :ROFLMAO:

In my original neck of the woods, (West By God Virginia)… it's called Thar, "hollier than thar". But I was trying to be intelligent and say thow…spelt thou. :doh:

One thing you will learn bout me, if'n I stick around her, is I can't spell a lick. Younz'l just have to get used to it. I'm dyslexic also but catch that with the built in spell checker. Stuff that really is not an accident and miss spelt is what you'l see. Stuff like Washing close. er washing cloths.

But hey, at least I'm not a hand sign painter any more. Been thar and done that.
Miss spelt a few things.

Dot-Tone

If you look around.... just about every post was a help to the OP. Help comes in many flavors and you don't have to like them all, but remember.... if you wanna focus on the 'Harshness' as you put it, you'll miss all the good being done.

Thats a very good point. I'm new here so the way many seem to bash another persons attempt at design is a bit over the top for me (or just way too often) from my previous experiences at other sites. We didn ;'t do it like many here.

I went into another area on here and they were doing the same thing but bashing a competitor's design in his town. Where I hung out for over 13 years, (a screen printing site), most of the artist (95%) would hit all of the same issues that is wrong with the above design, but would do it in a more friendlier manor that would sound more like educational assistance rather than that person needing some counseling after words.

I'm not a "designer" per say. I'm more of an Illustrator that is forced to design. I know I am guilty of some badly designed images so I feel the pain of being made fun of.

I guess when in Rome, do as the sign painters in Rome do. But, as for me and my house, I will still try to be more of a nice guy. I just won't knock others for the way they do it. It must just be a Signs101 thang.:covereyes: