• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sometimes you just need to mention....

visual800

to a client its time to redo their logo. The clients father designed this for him a long time ago and I always felt it never matched his business. I asked if i coule play with it and ended up selling him on the new which leads to redoing everything. I felt this one matched the biz a whole lot better

Attachments

• alabama design.jpg
    alabama design.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 152

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I like it, but

I think the font is just a tad too heavy and the dot in the i connecting to the g makes no sense to me.

also, something about the text height in the first line being over the box bothers me.

visual800

I like it, but

I think the font is just a tad too heavy and the dot in the i connecting to the g makes no sense to me.

also, something about the text height in the first line being over the box bothers me.

Sometimes when letters hit like that there is nothing you can do without jacking up the whole sign. Believe me I tried.

hey dont be joking on my helvetica light!

Craig Sjoquist

Excuse me for saying this but your new design is a FAIL

The old one reads alot better & shows alot more strength, it is bold & stable looking, I must admit the font could be better & as a whole could read alot better if it looked more interesting.

Sure your design looks fine for a accounting firm & on a business card where you are close enough to read it, but as for a construction if it was all women firm it might also be ok but still very weak.

Look at what it needs to say

That's not Helvetica or Arial. I'm pretty sure I've seen it before though - if it's what I think it is, it's a Helvetica ripoff that's called "Helvetica" but isn't quite right (most noticeably in the capital "R").

Yeah, I noticed that, too. It's got a Helvetica-like G (and C's) and an Arial-like R. At a glance it looks like it could definitely be either.

shoresigns

Why is there a grey shadow on some of the text but the boxes have a grey outline instead of a shadow? Looks inconsistent.

General Contractor looks off-centre vertically.

Not enough breathing room between all the design elements. That's how you could have fixed the problem with the 'g' touching the 'i'. You shouldn't put two lines of mixed case text so close together as the whitespace looks awkward and you'll run into problems like the 'g' and 'i'.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
The thing thats sticks out to me is alignments.

It is an improvement, but it needs to be tightened up.

I think you can center and align things so it's not so all over the place.
Then add your effects...

Attachments

• alabama.jpg
    alabama.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 131

visual800

Excuse me for saying this but your new design is a FAIL

The old one reads alot better & shows alot more strength, it is bold & stable looking, I must admit the font could be better & as a whole could read alot better if it looked more interesting.

Sure your design looks fine for a accounting firm & on a business card where you are close enough to read it, but as for a construction if it was all women firm it might also be ok but still very weak.

Look at what it needs to say

craig I think you got them backwards

fresh

if it was all women firm it might also be ok but still very weak.

What is that supposed to mean?

Other than that quite offensive statement, I agree with you. I think the new one looks over-rendered and the i touching the letter above is really a design fail. Why not just adjust the kearning/alignment of the line above?

Clem

the two 'n's at the end of each line not being aligned is KILLING ME!! especially the original version..:banghead:

visual800

I appreciate the input and its always entertaining to find out what gets to others that you did not see yourself. I did not submit this so you could make improvements on it. I have NEVER submitted any art on here to be criticized. When I design something I dont ask for opinions for the simple fact its like showing something to a church committee and you cant please everyone. This logo has been done and stuff has already been changed

my post was to say if you see something outdated, say something! If something needs fixing say something! We all see things differently and I can respect that. Some of us are perfectly square while others are all over the place. I appreciate it