• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Source needed for a unique colored vinyl

"Deposit Please"

Every now and then I get a request for a unusual color (vinyl)...and this color has me stumped.
Customer has a Dodge Challenger and she wants pink pearl stripes along the sides....... and not sure if it even exists?!
Is there such colored vinyl and where can I buy?

Thanks

Marlene

a very long time ago, I had some white pearl vinyl and I can't even remember where it came from, maybe Spar-cal or Universal which, I think, might have been bought out by Avery. the problem with it was it looked great but was so thin it picked up the color it was applied to so it looked muddy. it also was an interior product.

Sign Works

Sharpline Converting & Universal Products carry special colors used in the RV & Marine indusrties. I was actually able to get a color from Universal Products that had not been on a color chart in over 20 years, after all dealers siad it was no longer available I called Universal Products and asked if they had it and they said yes so I had my local dealer order it from them. Sometimes you have to actually do the work and don't rely on the dealers, they only go by the current color charts, I've kept pinstriping vinyl color charts from the early 80's to help identify special colors.

http://www.sharpline.com/

http://www.u-p.com/

Sign Works

a very long time ago, I had some white pearl vinyl and I can't even remember where it came from, maybe Spar-cal or Universal which, I think, might have been bought out by Avery. the problem with it was it looked great but was so thin it picked up the color it was applied to so it looked muddy. it also was an interior product.

Spar-Cal was a converter of Avery Vinyls.
Universal Products is a converter of Avery vinlys.
Sharpline Converting is a converter of Avery & 3M vinyls.