• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-300V Cut carriage cable question

crgraphics

Just want to make sure i ordered/received the correct cable before i call for service. I bought this one from DigiPrint and never had issues with them before, but i expected this cable to be alot wider. The bag says...CABLE CARD, 15P1 1900L BB SP-300 SKU:23475207. The cable is 6 feet long by ⅝ inch wide. Pict is attached. If anyone can verify that this is the correct cable that would be wonderful. Thanks!

Attachments

• cable.jpg
    cable.jpg
    444.9 KB · Views: 69

damonCA21

Yes that is correct. Its not a particularly hard job to fit it yourself, you just need to thread it through where the old cable went. When I do them I normally tape the new cable to the end of the old one and pull it through

crgraphics

Now I need a little advice...apart from the usual maintenance parts, what other parts should I be thinking about ordering for future issues. My printer is about 15 years old, and i would like to get a few more years out of it till retirement. Ive never replaced a pump, hose, motor, heater, belt... She is strting to make afew strange noises at startup/cleaning. Thanks!

damonCA21

I sell spare parts for the SP300V, and I would say the most popular parts other than service parts that need replacing are the scan and feed motors, pump, heater control board, main power supply, cut carriage board, print carriage board, main print carriage board to main board long cables, cartridge dock and the main board. Other parts may fail, but these are the ones that we sell the most of.
Hoses don't tend to cause a problem unless the printer is left not in use for a long time

crgraphics

Well then Damon, point me to your website, or give me a quote for a scan and feed motors, and a pump...i'll start with those and see if i can replace them myself. Even if i cant do it, the techs down here in fl usually dont have the parts, or they say 3+ weeks. I usually order from digiprint, but im not picky! Thanks

damonCA21

Well then Damon, point me to your website, or give me a quote for a scan and feed motors, and a pump...i'll start with those and see if i can replace them myself. Even if i cant do it, the techs down here in fl usually dont have the parts, or they say 3+ weeks. I usually order from digiprint, but im not picky! Thanks
Have sent you a DM :) They are all things you can change yourself if you are reasonably practical, and don't need any special tools so no need to call in techs normally :)