• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540i: Temporarily use Inside pinch rollers for Outside?

Sam On Maui

Long story short: one of our outside pinch rollers had the outside part of the roller fall apart. We need to replace it and will order parts today BUT in the meantime we've got some time sensitive jobs we need to get done. We do not have replacement outside rollers but do have several inside/center pinch rollers.

Will using them for a day or two work while we wait for new Outside rollers?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The worst that will happen is the media will skew so you might as well try it but keep an eye on it so you don't get head strikes. The outside rollers are tapered to pull the media flat but Mimaki printers only use flat rollers even on the edges and it works fine.

netsol

The worst that will happen is the media will skew so you might as well try it but keep an eye on it so you don't get head strikes. The outside rollers are tapered to pull the media flat but Mimaki printers only use flat rollers even on the edges and it works fine.
but, it is hard enough to keep media is some of the rolands under tension, with tapered rollers

netsol

i love my rolands, but they feed like a drunken driver on an icy road, when they don't feel like behaving

you can't beat gerber pinfeed. 150' roll perfectly registered, one end to the other.

i think gino has the 30" pinfeed, i am jealous!