• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP-540V Prints test pattern but won't print files

tbssigns

I have a SP540V with a problem and would appreciate a little help, the printer was printing a mis-aligned section about 3’ from the edge on all prints, I cleaned the connector on the ribbon cable and the encoder strip. (power was unplugged) now it will print a perfect test pattern but it will not print a file at all. it appears to be working but no ink is deposited, do you think it is the cables, print head carriage board or do you think it is in the main board?

I really appreciate anything you can tell me, I went through the troubleshooting in the service manual but it doesn't mention the test pattern printing but not the files.

CS-SignSupply

What 'connector' did you clean? Post a picture of the Nozzle Test.

Re-initialize Versaworks and send test print from VW... not a file, the test print.

tbssigns

Thank-you

I feel like a dummy, I rebooted the computer and it works fine now, I don't know why I didn't think about that being the problem. guess I was up too late trying to get some work done. Thank you for the fast response.:U Rock:

Last edited: