• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp300v - cyan will only print in High Speed mode

DiS

Before I start exploring and breaking something, has anyone come across the cyan not printing in
standard or high quality mode?

All colours print fine in all modes apart from cyan which fine in high speed but limited ink spray on other modes.

It seems like ink starvation, tried new ink, done 2 head soaks. 2 Powerful cleans but remains a problem.

Next visit is pump and dampers. Lines seem to be full as ok on High speed. need to check manifold.
Could it be the head or electrical. May swap cables and see..!

Any ideas as like to keep the relic going for a while,.

Thanks

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
That usually indicates a damaged head unfortunately. The heads are capable of printing a variable dot size. When you print high speed, it only uses the largest dot. When you print standard or high quality, it uses variable dot sizes that are smaller. The mechanism that produces the variable dot can become damaged and only allow the head to fire the large dots which seems to be your case.

damonCA21

I agree, it sounds like your small nozzles are either blocked or damaged. Do a test print in service mode and this will show you both the large nozzles ( that a standard test print does ) and also the small ones.
I don't think its ink starvation as normally this will effect all printing modes. It could be time for a new head as the other normal things you have tried haven't helped

DiS

thanks for the advice ..appreciated.
Now done a 24 hour head soak, colour now coming through on high quality. however ink is pale coverage so perhaps smaller nozzles are blocked, not been used for a few weeks
but left on so guess the cap tops may be failing. trying another head soak then possibly pull some cleaning solvent trhough the head as see before persuing a new head..

Could damper or drain tubes be the issue, never delved this deep into the machine before..?
thanks

damonCA21

before doing any more soaking and cleaning which can damage a head, do the test print IN SERVICE MODE to see what is happening with the nozzles

DiS

have done test print in service mode and all colours fine apart from cyan which is pale and transclucent and dots are not regular

DiS

New head purchased. I have the service manual is this the best to use for head alignment or is their a better guide?

Thanks