• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Specs on Gerber Edge printhead

I noticed the prints coming off of my Edge have two faint scratches in them running the length of the material. After checking the wipers I looked at the printhead and found two very small specs of something stuck to the printhead... they are smaller than the tip of a ball point pen. Wiping the printhead with the Gerber alcohol wipes does not remove them. Does anyone have any suggestions for removing them? It's hard to resist the urge to just rake them off with a fingernail but I'm sure that would damage the head.

I don't think they are pixel blow outs, I don't have any lines missing in the print- just the two scratches. Once I laminate the prints they are fine. It looks more like debris stuck to the head.

I have never had a blown pixel though so I could be wrong. I just thought it would be more pronounced, I didn't think that was something that laminating would fix?

I will run the test first thing in the morning and report back. The funny part about this is none of this happened until after I took the printer to the "tune up" promotion Gerber was running. I got it back in the shop and noticed the first "scratch" in the prints. I just figured it was dust, then I found the spot on the head. I'm not saying they did anything to it, but its an odd coincidence.

This is a picture of one of the spots on the printhead:

image-777467838.jpg

And these are pictures from the print test. One block is normal and the other was set to "light" because I don't think there is an option for 50% in flexi. You have to hold the print in just the right light to see the "scratches", but there is no white showing through. Once I put laminate on top you can't see them no matter how hard you try.

image-955086015.jpg

image-2269352293.jpg

image-1808460327.jpg