• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

spill removal

brucifer6

I have a UJF-6042MKII E at work and the other day, I spilled two little drops of ink on the cover. I tried wiping up but it smeared the ink all over the cover. I tried many (probably too many) and I can't get it off. I tried both mimaki cleaners, alcohol, lacquer solvent, Windex separately and nothing really helps. I was going to try goo gone next, I'm worried about the plastic cover, Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It does a little, can't really see the prints as they are printing.
Unfortunately, even with UV inks, there's a little bit of solvent in it that "etches" the plastic. It's annoying but you probably won't ever get it to go away completely.

APCInk

Merchant Member
I was going to say probably by using the cleaning solution, you've probably etched the cover. Alcohol is the the best.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ohh, you said two little drops, so I thought you meant....... two little drops. Now, you can't see prints being printed. Sounds like you really messed up.