• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spray adhesive with UV Print options?

DylanBJS

We make awards with acrylic and every now and then there is a design that we cant hide the tape and even clear tape or super glue will show through the print from lighting. In the past we tried a spray adhesive and it completely ruined the print but I feel like there is a better solution for adhering these together and not show anything.

I will attach some pictures of the current project to help with understanding the situation, I am currently re printing some with extra layers of white behind the blue and yellow print in hopes it will hide the clear tape but open to any ideas!
The Two Pieces.jpg
The Final Look.jpg
Tape.jpg
Tape 2.jpg

DylanBJS

what about a roll of optically clear mounting adhesive?
We tried using the roll of clear acrylic bonding tape if that is what you mean, a couple different ones actually but they still form a prominent shadow through the blue and yellow print.

petepaz

We tried using the roll of clear acrylic bonding tape if that is what you mean, a couple different ones actually but they still form a prominent shadow through the blue and yellow print.
you need to get a wide roll so it covers the whole surface this way you don't get the lines/shadows from the tape. it is probably over kill and will raise the cost of the job but that's the correct way to do it

petepaz

i have never used this (only because it's never come up. just did a google search) but this is the direction you want to go

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-21 140609.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-21 140609.png
    209.4 KB · Views: 42