• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Starting to get the hang of it...

I have tried to steer clear of Photoshop and Illustrator because I thought they were mysterious, complex programs that might launch a missile in Russia if you clicked on the wrong button. But I have read up on it and seen that they are great programs for doing nice artwork, so I figured I would dive off and try to teach myself how to use them. I have been going through the tutorials online and came up with this today:

sellers sign vintage small.jpg

I still have a long ways to go but its a start. I'm particularly interested in vintage/old school/retro stuff, so if anyone can point me towards some good tutorials or places that will help me to get better it would be greatly appreciated!

it is really this one...

Well that could be a problem. Because I hit that button a lot.

On a more serious note, Illustrator and Photoshop have made me really start looking hard for a better printer. There is nothing more aggravating than designing something awesome, sending it to the edge and then seeing it spit out its nice pixelated process color image.