• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Static problems with media Arlon DPF 6100 XLP - Roland vp540

Morph1

Print all
I printed a job today starting from a brand new roll of Arlon DPF 6100 XLP, this roll was so fricken charged with static that I think I could power up an LED light with it...
Unreal, I printed about 4 4x8ft pieces fully coated and where ever I seen white on black the white letters were full o black haze streaks...
I was like what in the hell is happening with my printer, it was all due to static...
I tried the bounce sheets I taped them to the back of the printer just glazing the surface of vinyl and that did not help, what I did next was spool the 8 feet of vinyl forward and wiped it with the static sheet
then rolled the vinyl back and printed it with perfect result...
Just a tip for you guys if someone has the same problems...
Doing some research I came across this device, simple two magnets with anti-static cord, does any one here uses that ? if so how does it work for you..
Any info would be appreciated...
https://youtu.be/5Xex8FG0ILw