• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Steamboat Willie Entering The Public Domain

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
↑↑↑ See, if you use diction like this, no one will question whether you are a bot.

Last edited:

signbrad

Regarding chatbots—most are poor writers. They often use far too many words to say what they want. And they are repetitious, using the same words and similar sentence structure over and over. Chatbot speech is frequently stilted and artificial. Most do not write naturally or conversationally. And they rarely cite authoritative sources for their information, which is why many of them can easily spread misinformation, especially in the field of graphic design.

My partner, Michelle, is a school teacher. School teachers can spot chat-speak from a mile away. For many teachers, using a chatbot for an essay is an automatic failing grade for a class. In college, it can lead to getting expelled from school.
I know that a bot can be trained to speak naturally, but I rarely see it. Or maybe I'm being fooled.

They use good spelling and punctuation, though. And some use numbered bullet points, which is cute.

Brad in Kansas City

gnubler

They often use far too many words to say what they want. And they are repetitious, using the same words and similar sentence structure over and over.
This sounds like most humans I encounter.

"Speak only if it improves upon the silence."

signbrad

This sounds like most humans I encounter.

True.

And I have been told at times I'm being redundant. I've never been accused of being the best writer.
Still, If I submit an article to a trade journal that sounds like a chatbot wrote it, I don't get paid.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
signbrad.jpg Hmmmmmmm..................................