• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Step by Step head alignment?

midnightmadman

Hi everyone! I am now at the point where I need to adjust the new print heads. Is there any place that has step by step instructions how to do it on a prismjet 48? ...
I have a test print and I have no idea what any of the bars and lines mean!?
Thanks!

midnightmadman

Strange. My test print when I am in the utility mode seems pretty good now. But when I do a test print from hitting shift +cleaning buttons it does a totally different print and the alignments don't look that good... but how do I change those alignments?
Thanks!

midnightmadman

I just ran a test print out of Flexi 7.0 and my colors are way off! yellow looks green and magenta is purple etc.
And it is laying down so much ink it was like a pool on the vinyl...
Anyone know what I need to do?

schurms

First go in and change your ink limits to say 80 to start on all colors , then when it prints the right amount of ink check your profiles and see if you can correct your color issues.

midnightmadman

First go in and change your ink limits to say 80 to start on all colors , then when it prints the right amount of ink check your profiles and see if you can correct your color issues.

Thanks, Where do I do that from?

As far as an ICC I am not sure where to get that either. I found some stuff on signwarehouse, but nothing for
flexi 7.0

midnightmadman

Ok. I see. I got an icc for a 54 from signwarehouse that seems to work.
I notice the one you reffered me too is only 720x720 is that ok? or should I find one for 1440?
Something else, if I choose Falcon Outdoor, then flexi then 3651 - it sends me a .ptf file instead of a .icc file. Actually I just checked and none seem to be .icc files

Go to thr link below, I would suggest the 3651 Graphics 2... Pit the icc file in the icc folder under SAI Production Suite. If it is a Preset the do that from the Production Manager.

http://www.oracal.com/knowledge/icc-profiles.asp

Last edited:

Flame

720x720 is PLENTY sufficient for most all prints that I have seen, and that's what I ran this printer on since I bought it. :)

MacDaddy

Ok. I see. I got an icc for a 54 from signwarehouse that seems to work.
I notice the one you reffered me too is only 720x720 is that ok? or should I find one for 1440?
Something else, if I choose Falcon Outdoor, then flexi then 3651 - it sends me a .ptf file instead of a .icc file. Actually I just checked and none seem to be .icc files

A 54"????? I thought you had a Falcon Outdoor??? A 54" is a VJ-1304...:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

midnightmadman

A 54"????? I thought you had a Falcon Outdoor??? A 54" is a VJ-1304...:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

I found the setup in Flexis list. It was listed as a Prismjet RJ-6000 54" which I figured was the closest to what I have?
The only other was an rj-6000 43"
I picked 54 and just changed the media size to 46 on the menu.

I don't get it. The only profiles that will "take" in the menu are .icm files. Not .icc but it is labeled .icc Output Profile on the top of the dropdown box in properties- print .

Last edited:

MacDaddy

It is listed as a Falcon Outdoor 46... The files in the zip folder I put up on the FTP will work for you... Just copy and paste them into the sub folder (ICC Profiles) under the Flexi directory. Have a great weekend.