• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sticker for exhaust

SLShop

A client of mine manufactures motorcycle exhausts and wants to apply his logo as a sticker on the exhaust. I know from well-known brands that it's a type of aluminum-coated sticker. Does anyone know how they are made?

Attachments

• 51AO18UKKRL._AC_ (1).jpg
    51AO18UKKRL._AC_ (1).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 79

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
AlumiGraphics can be screen printed
Most anything can be screen printed. How about dye sub on some sort of receptive metallic media? It's as close to indestructible as you're likely to achieve. Though with heat perhaps not so much, but it should be considered.

damonCA21

The main problem with exhaust decals is from the heat on the adhesive. It's not so much the print being damaged, but heat can soften and then dry out the adhesive and make them fall off. They tend to be better on carbon silencers, but not so good on metal. Probably a main reason the main manufacturers tend to use screen printed metal plates or plastic badges on them.