• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Strange marks in laminated widnow perf film?

Sign Works

What's the deal with the strange marks in laminated window perf film? It's like you can see every squeegee stroke, tell me these come out eventually.

Signmaker4474

I too have had this issue and have always been told they would eventually go away. The trick I have found is to squeegee in small sections from side to side rather than trying to squeegee down. This technique has also proven to almost eliminate the ridiculous amount of bubbles I used to get when squeegeeing down. I also recommend using a hard squeegee but wrap a piece of loop velcro over the edge.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
These marks come from the laminate going over the voids in the vinyl.

You can lessen these by using a soft squeege or a buffer on your squeege. You also have to use less pressure with a low angle

papabud

Lone Wolf
yes they do go away in a short time. working lightly with a soft squeegee helps a lot, work slow and in small swipes.
i have a velcro covered squeegee but that leaves a scratched look, i have a nice felt one that i prefer to use

Manuel Upton

Is this what your job looks like? Sounds like the same issue I'm having. I used a 3M gold squeegee with a "Banana Buffer" from fellers on it.

Attachments

• 20170902_125449.jpg
    20170902_125449.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 279

AKwrapguy

What's the deal with the strange marks in laminated window perf film? It's like you can see every squeegee stroke, tell me these come out eventually.

Depending on what materials you using they should come out after a few warm days. The adhesive will flow and even out. You can assist this with a heat gun and post heat when you done. We've done building that looked kinda looked like what you have and after a few days you can't even tell.