• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Student needs help with movie poster recreation

rydods

Member for quite some time.
So, in one of my classes I need to recreate a movie poster using personal elements (by using pictures of myself or incorporating my name into the design,etc.)
We also need to identify 5 Photoshop effects in the poster. So, what I am asking from you guys is 1.) Can you identify 5 effects and 2.) What would be the best methods to recreating this vintage poster. 3.) I already identified the "Breakfast at Tiffany's font as Engraver, but what is the other font? Could I just get away with using a similar sans serif font? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks,
Jaime

Attachments

• Poster_Tiffanys.jpg
    Poster_Tiffanys.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 80

iSign

I think it's strange to be assigned a task of finding "photoshop techniques" in work done practically before computers, let alone photoshop... but if we're just looking for visual techniques that occur here, and can be replicated by you...

One could be "transparent background" on the pic of the woman, who's arm crosses in front of the border. Also, "layering in" the second photo of the couple is a technique, and creating the fake shadows behind them is another....

Is this the kind of ideas you are supposed to incorporate I to your poster, or am I on the wrong track?

Get started and then show us the poster as it develops. Good luck!

rjssigns

Pen Tool or Content Aware for background removal on woman in foreground.(2 right there)
Blue border looks to have some type of filter applied.
Blend Mode for border or overall
Type Tool for kerning/leading
Noise Filter to add scratches to man/woman in background
Marquee Select then selective erasing using opacity for man/woman in background.

When I was tasked with this in college we had to do a modern interpretation of an iconic movie poster. It took forever. File ended up at 1.6 gigs.

Marlene

I think it's strange to be assigned a task of finding "photoshop techniques" in work done practically before computers, let alone photoshop... but if we're just looking for visual techniques that occur here, and can be replicated by you...

One could be "transparent background" on the pic of the woman, who's arm crosses in front of the border. Also, "layering in" the second photo of the couple is a technique, and creating the fake shadows behind them is another....

Is this the kind of ideas you are supposed to incorporate I to your poster, or am I on the wrong track?

Get started and then show us the poster as it develops. Good luck!

+1
also you are to ID five techniques and it's kind of cheating asking us to ID them for you draw up what you intend to do and let us take a look to see if we can be of any help

rjssigns

Forgot to add our poster had to show almost no color shift when output in both RGB and CMYK.(that was worse than designing it) I can't remember the exact spec but it was brutal.

I liked what my instructor had us do. I feel it is more representative of your abilities. Far too easy to identify what may or may not have been used.