• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

stumped again, serif this time

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
This font has me stumped. Whatthefont and whatfontis cannot match it. If someone can get findmyfont to work with it, you might convince me to buy as when I used the trial in the past I had a low success rate

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 9.19.09 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 9.19.09 AM.png
    44.9 KB · Views: 159

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Minion is close but not quite it. Here are 2 more closeups

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 9.27.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 9.27.07 AM.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 155
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 9.27.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 9.27.21 AM.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 143

GB2

Old Member
Well, I'm surprised you didn't have success, I think it works very, very well. It might take a little finesse to get perfect results but there's nothing better on the market than FindMyFont....and for the price, everyone in the business should have it.

So your font appears to be:
Athelas (Regular)

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
Well, I'm surprised you didn't have success, I think it works very, very well. It might take a little finesse to get perfect results but there's nothing better on the market than FindMyFont....and for the price, everyone in the business should have it.

So your font appears to be:
Athelas (Regular)

Thank you. That was a perfect match. Believe me, I wanted it to work. I go to whatfontis 6-15x per day in my business. I tried it out about 3-4 months ago and did not have the sucess that I hoped for. Perhaps it has improved since then? I am unable to do the trial again

What type of settings are in the program to "finesse". I typically do all my edits in photoshop for alignment, separating connected letters, adjusting contrast, etc

striper14

Thank you. That was a perfect match. Believe me, I wanted it to work. I go to whatfontis 6-15x per day in my business. I tried it out about 3-4 months ago and did not have the sucess that I hoped for. Perhaps it has improved since then? I am unable to do the trial again

What type of settings are in the program to "finesse". I typically do all my edits in photoshop for alignment, separating connected letters, adjusting contrast, etc
i used to do the 'what font is...' thing too, now probably just once a month, especially since they "updated" their site. And what the font is almost useless, it only seems to find fonts they are promoting...but i digress.
Find my font is just magic. It does all the finesse you'll need...i love the perspective thing it can do..& its very very fast once you've set it up, with all your fonts indexed..i just did a little test & it searched over 90k fonts in 4 seconds & found the right font..
Of course it helps if you have a large database to search but just buy it , you wont regret it

GB2

Old Member
Eric, first of all you have to be sure that you have the font sets properly set up and indexed. Then it does help if you have a lot of fonts yourself, I have a personal collection of about 75,000 fonts. The newer version has greater ability to search the internet now for many, many more fonts too. Then after being sure that your searches will cover the greatest amount of fonts, you need to sometimes edit what you are trying to find to optimize the search but it seems like you already know very well how to do that. For the price I think it's one of the greatest values in graphic software and essential to anyone in the business.