• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stupid question but...

stoliker

Thinking of buying a gerber edge and envision combo, and also a used odyssey, but I REALLY don't want to swich from Corel and Flexi. Do I have to purchase omega?
Thanks in advance!!
Mike

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Gerber Edge printers and Envision plotters can be driven from Flexi just fine. Omega was written to setup jobs easily and handles everything you will need to do with an Edge. Flexi does a good job but, since I own both, I will tell you that I personally prefer Omega.

stoliker

In the next few days I will be running omega 4.0. I have been running flexi 7.6 but thanks to Rick at advantage sign supply I will be switching. I think it will replace flexi fine but I am not sure if I can give up Corel, just been using it to long. Thanks again for everyone's input.

SignManiac

I don't see any reason to give up Corel, everything I do begins with it, then is exported to whatever output device needed. Vector paths to router table, plotters, and bitmaps to printers. It might take a little adjustment but you should be able to make everything play nice together.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Corel and Omega get along great. You can put Gerber color palettes into Corel for openers. Be sure to try out the CMX export from Corel and import into Omega. It is very, very good.