• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sublimation Projects for the Day

Atomic DNA

Just wanted to show of a few things we did today. The JD hoodies were for a friend and myself, lol. A racing head sock with a Venom inspired character and a emergency response hoodie. A few other hard goods as well.

Attachments

• jack1.jpg
    jack1.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 167
  • jack2.jpg
    jack2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 117
  • JackDaniels3.jpg
    JackDaniels3.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 142
  • jackdaniels4.jpg
    jackdaniels4.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 108
  • emergency2.jpg
    emergency2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 112
  • venom1.jpg
    venom1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 135
  • venomsides.jpg
    venomsides.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Mugplatebottle.jpg
    Mugplatebottle.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 106

BobCap

Sublamation

You sublimated the hoodies?

White on black fabric?

How?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Bob Cap

TXFB.INS

are the hoodies premade then imprint or print then sewn?

if premade how are you doing to image inside the hood and getting the seams (armpits) to show all black with no voids.

Biker Scout

They are sewing everything from the flat patterns. They clearly have a serger by looking at the flat seams. It's really not that complicated. If you have the ability to sublimate fabrics on that large of a scale. One of two ways... print in reverse on large sublimate transfer paper, then you lat the paper over the fabric and run it through a giant heat laminator called a calendar. Or you print with special reactive dye inks directly onto the fabric, then you run it through the large calendar heat roller and that sets the color to the thread and brightens up the ink.

Try walking over to the patterns and fabric section of Michaels/JoAnns etc. There is quite a lot you can do, if you can get past the floral prints.

Atomic DNA

Biker is correct, everything is printed via large format dye sub printers and heat pressed onto white material. For true color representation, white is best. Off white, light greys and pastel color base fabrics work as well but the value or shade of the fabric will alter the final image. Black or dark colored poly fabric WILL NOT WORK. I just wanted to emphasize that part because that subject is brought up at least a thousand times.

Everything we print is at least 95% polyester with moisture wicking capabilities.

The sewing is a major part of it, though. If it weren't for our seamstresses, we would be dead in the water as I can't sew a stitch to save my life. Our seamstresses have over 30 years of production and custom pattern making under their belt and have industrial sergers and top/cover stitch machines.

mnapuran

The sewing is a major part of it, though. If it weren't for our seamstresses, we would be dead in the water as I can't sew a stitch to save my life. Our seamstresses have over 30 years of production and custom pattern making under their belt and have industrial sergers and top/cover stitch machines.

hehe.. nice :smile:

So what printer, transfer paper and heat press are you using?

Atomic DNA

hehe.. nice :smile:

So what printer, transfer paper and heat press are you using?

We have 3 Epson 44" printers, Beaver tacky and HR for paper and the press is a custom made GeoKnight that is 48" x 48" which is air assisted. I can't believe I would ever say this but I have almost outgrown the heat press. Also if anyone else is interested, JTeck inks are being used.