• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Substrate cutting question

David Wright

I am looking to buy a FSC substrate cutter or similar product.
Do any of these have a ripping function, as in horizontal cutting?

Saw Trax

Our Sign Maker's series can perform both vertical and horizontal cuts and includes a circular saw and a knife cutter attachment. You can rip almost any length substrate with our package since you are not limited to the vertical cut height as you are with other manufacturers. You can take a look here - http://sawtrax.com/sign-makers-package :smile:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Our Fletcher has unlimited length, left to right to hold anything cut-able, but has a 65" up and down cutting range for the various substrates. So, we can put a 5' x 12' panel in there. Once you get something under 65", you can turn it 90º and cut it the other direction.

Other than a panel saw, I don't think you can do what you want, with a Fletcher. We have the big Fletcher, a large Keen, a panel saw and also a table saw and some chop saws, so we use the appropriate cutting device to meet the needs.

David Wright

I noticed my supplier (wensco) handles sawtrax. Making some inquiries there. I really do cut mostly dibond, sintra and some lexan.
Would be nice to have the same clean cutting edge the FSC leaves with dibond.

bigben

I noticed my supplier (wensco) handles sawtrax. Making some inquiries there. I really do cut mostly dibond, sintra and some lexan.
Would be nice to have the same clean cutting edge the FSC leaves with dibond.

I'm also looking for this. So I'll stick around. :popcorn: