• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions for this installation pleast

Stacey K

I like making signs
Hi all - I've attached a photo of a truck that needs some striping. I'm not sure how I should go about this because of the angles. The blue and black will go all across the side but I only added it on half so you can see the actual truck. Cut vinyl with some cut vinyl lettering to be applied on the black area. Should I butt the blue up to the black? What if there is a little area here and there where it doesn't line up exactly? Could use some ideas on this if anyone has any, thanks much!

Also - applying to the stainless...can I use Oracal 751 and what chemical should I use to clean it? He actually has a chemical he currently cleans it with and I asked him to send me a pic of the bottle. I have a roll of the blue (Oracal 751) that I used on his other vehicles.

Attachments

• Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    433.9 KB · Views: 234

Billct2

We'd overlap, decide which will be easiest to get a straight edge at the overlap and put that down last.Probably put down the blue first then have the black short of the seam to have a nice straight line. Clean like any metal. We use only the best cast materials on trucks

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Those areas are rarely ever 100% straight. Since you already have the blue, I'd cover the entire area with the blue. That way, you only have 4 edges to contend with for good adhesion, instead of 12. Then, lay your black strip down the middle and then your lettering. In all honesty, I would want to paint the stripes and then letter it once it's dry.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I would print full stripes on Controltac, lay as one piece, and move on to the next job.