• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa f1612 electrical question

Coleholley

Hey! I have a summa f1612 and recently moved locations. It was wired for 208 3 phase before but new location doesn’t have 3 phase. From the research I’ve done on here I’m planning on using an ADX15 3 phase converter, is that enough hp?

And then also little confused, will I need a transformer too? If so what exactly?

cornholio

Hi, go to the Summa website and look for the site preparation PDF.
I never installed a F on single phase here in Europe, but I know it's possible.
The only 3 phase part is the vacuum pump motor. In the single phase version, it's a single phase motor with capacitor.
Maybe it's cheaper to replace the pump.

ProColorGraphics

I did add a transformer after the converter as well. I have 240v coming in, so that makes the 3ph 240v. The Summa is setup for 208v. After the techs came, I was told that they could rewire it to handle 240v.

I am pretty sure this is the transformer I got:

netsol

I went digital with mine. I talked to a machine shop who has used every type and HIGHLY recommended spending the extra on a digital one. Just make sure you get the surge protector. That wasn't an option when I got mine, but added one on both the standard side and the 3ph side.
This is what I got:
i think i would gree with whoever said the vacuum pump is the only part that requires 3 phase power
that may be ONE BIG VACUUM PUMP, however