• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

White Haus

Not a Newbie
What would be the purpose of manually creating Summa barcodes? How would you know what number to use for the barcode?

geNe36

Just Sharing
What would be the purpose of manually creating Summa barcodes? How would you know what number to use for the barcode?
As normally Summa barcode are generated out by RIP.. i would think that this would benefit users that do not have a RIP that has that function... so manually creating the barcode in order for Summa cutters to perform barcode automation with intervention. eg. multiple jobs on vinyl, the software can read barcode, extract files and cut.

I think i saw the plugin have a popup to let you put in 11 digits for the filename... you set it so you will know the filename.

SlikGRFX

Ok so it generates the barcode then you have to manually add it to the file in the correct place.

When a Summa reads the barcode it points to a file of the same name in the barcode server folder. How does this plugin fit into that workflow? Do you have to manually drop the cut file into the barcode server folder? If so, what filetype do you use?

balstestrat

Problem Solver
I think i saw the plugin have a popup to let you put in 11 digits for the filename... you set it so you will know the filename.
Cmon cut the crap. It's clearly your plugin that you are selling. At least take some pride on your work and say it.