• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Summa s2 160 x-axis not perf cut as well as y-axis

Tuanny

I mainly use the plotter for cutting fabric peel stick wallpapers perforated cuts but for some reason it cuts on the y-axis perfectly like how i want it, but on the x-axis it doesn't cut as well so when i try to tear it off the frame i dont get a clean tear.
is there a setting somewhere do increase the strength just for the for x-axis. or somehow recalibrate?
using caldera as rip

Saturn

Aging Member
This is one of the reasons I lean towards doing two cuts on all my jobs—So I can go a little lighter on the first cut, and the second pass takes care of whatever's left. I feel like it gives you a little more room to move around the Goldilocks zone.

If you're doing rectangles as regular cuts and not FlexCuts, you could try setting the 'sorting vectors' to 'directional' rather than 'off'. 'Off' is better in general, but rectangles specifically seem to cut way better for me on directional.

Aside from that, or changing the strip or the blade, or just upping the pressure or depth, I don't believe there are any settings or calibrations that would help.

SlikGRFX

You need to run higher full pressure setting and fine tune the flexcut depth using the blade extension. This way the cut depth will be even on x and y axis cuts.