• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa S60 T Sereis - Win Plot Issue.

JP4

I can't figure out how to stop from cutting out the Registration bar on the OPOS Marks. I have went through win plot and cant figure out why it is doing this. It is not cutting the square OPOS marks....only the front long OPOS bar. Any suggestions?

Thx

letterman7

Mine does that as well. No harm in it, I actually use that as it's cutting as a visual check to make sure the registration is dead on.

JP4

That is a lot of extra cutting for not reason. Especially when you cut a lot of decals. It didn't cut the stripe when I was ripping from my other PC. WINPLOT is so unpredictable. Summa needs to get a more stable consistent rip software. IMO

EffectiveCause

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the Summa plugin for Illustrator or a different program to create your registration marks? Also we always save our cut files as an illustrator 3 file because saving it as a newer version tends to confuse winplot and pick up crazy artifacts and even cut hidden layers.

JP4

I'm creating Summa OPOS marks in AI with the Summa Plugin. Just like I have done before. I have looked threw winplot and cant find any option to keep the Bar registration from being cut. I using the same settings as my other design pc. Boggles the mind!

NOTE: These are the kinda things that bug the crap out of me with the Summa Product. Its seems inconsistent and buggy! My $700 Graphtec Graigslist special w/ cutting master 2.0 has not skipped a beat in 5 years. Cutting master rip software is so east and simple to operate. Purchasing a multi-thousand dollar Summa cutter that everyone praise as the "best cutter on the market" has been a huge shock in my confidence towards consumer opinion. Don't get me wrong. I like my Summa but these quirks it has with regards to Rip software make me 2nd guess purchasing another. And purchasing a $50 per month or $2500 Flexi program just to use the Summa is crazy IMO.