• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Summa technicians?

eagleact

We have tried numerous suggestions from Summa and our vendor but it appears we are needing a tech for our Summa S class cutter. Are there "independent" techs out there? How would I find one? Our vendor wants $1295 for a visit. That seems a little extreme. We are in the St. Louis Missouri area. Any ideas? Thanks.
Brent

Dale D

Most of repairs on them are easy. Ive replaced touch screens, belts, pulleys, and other odds and ends. Pretty easy to repair. Whats wrong with it?

eagleact

They suggested taking to them but have to have ship…that would be $500-$600 in shipping, be down for a week, and no guarantee they fix it…

The cuts are not aligned when print - cutting.

We actually have done so many of their suggestions that we are getting it “fixed” now. We did replace the pinch rollers and that helped the most. So now I think we are heading towards ok.

Thanks for the replies.

mfatty500

I just paid 30 bucks each for my 15" Graphtec, OEM parts, but the machine is 15 years old and still runs like a top. First repair to it, besides cutting strips.

vondegroot

Wow, please share where you got them. They are ~$70 USD EACH from the Summa dealer (NDG) in Canada!
A little cheaper ($50 USD ea) at DigitPrint : /

PHILJOHNSON

Sales Manager
We have tried numerous suggestions from Summa and our vendor but it appears we are needing a tech for our Summa S class cutter. Are there "independent" techs out there? How would I find one? Our vendor wants $1295 for a visit. That seems a little extreme. We are in the St. Louis Missouri area. Any ideas? Thanks.
Brent

Hi Brent,

Our team at Airmark can definitely help. We used to own and operate Summa for 20 years and most of our techs have 10+ experience with Summa cutters, including the original S-Class. We have a variety of support plans that you can purchase, or you can also send us your cutter to evaluate and repair. Most of the time, our techs can diagnose over the phone and provide you with a list of parts that would be required to fix whatever issue you are having. Here is a link with more info on the different tech plans - https://www.airmark.com/collections/technical-support-plans

The number for our tech team is 800-323-9766, and they are available from 8am-5pm PST Monday through Friday.

Best regards,

Phil Johnson
Airmark Corporation
(800)527-7778, ext. 112
philj@airmark.com