• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Super Mario Bros.

401Graphics

My question is, what kind of plotter is that and how accurate is it going that fast? I have a mimaki that apparently sucks because I cut about 10X slower than that and it's still off by leaps and bounds at the end of a run that big.

Its a Vinyl Express Q54 aka Graphtec FC-8000
That wasnt even full speed. The speed was set at 60 out of 90

legacyborn

This is very cool! My daughter wanted one like this. Did you recreate the graphics or find them somewhere? And what about licensing concerns?

401Graphics

This is very cool! My daughter wanted one like this. Did you recreate the graphics or find them somewhere? And what about licensing concerns?

Recreated them from scratch.
Not concerned about licensing since these are pretty basic shapes. If there should be a concern then I'm not worried since I did not sell these to a customer. Its in my own house, (this will be my baby boys room. he should be here within 2 weeks) :thumb:

legacyborn

Not concerned about licensing since these are pretty basic shapes. If there should be a concern then I'm not worried since I did not sell these to a customer. Its in my own house, (this will be my baby boys room. he should be here within 2 weeks) :thumb:

Ah, I didn't catch that it was your house. :) Excellent work!

JBusch260

He's going to love it! Congrats! :toasting:

Mike F

I did notice one thing is missing 401... there's no old school NES in sight!

My friend wanted something in the back window of his car a few years back, so we did this Metroid diorama:
attachment.php

That's awesome, great idea.

401Graphics

I did notice one thing is missing 401... there's no old school NES in sight!
Nope unfortunately not. I do have a Nintendo 64 in the house. I just dont have time to play video games anymore. My 15 year old son is addicted to xbox 360 though. The only time hes not playing it is when hes in school, and sleeping.

legacyborn

Nope unfortunately not. I do have a Nintendo 64 in the house. I just dont have time to play video games anymore. My 15 year old son is addicted to xbox 360 though. The only time hes not playing it is when hes in school, and sleeping.

Or when he's weeding, i hope! ;)