• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Surveys...not necessarily creative, but a lot of work...

Moze

It's not a wrapped vehicle, or a 100' tall pole sign, or a cool bowling alley monument sign, but it was a huge job for me.

Precision Sign Services is just 'me', so it felt good to get this done. I had two weeks to complete exactly 50 surveys. They stretched from the Dallas / Fort Worth area down past Austin, TX.

50 locations, a minimum of 10 pages of total information per site, every elevation and sign had to be sketched, anywhere from 50 - 75 photos per site including approach shots from all applicable roads, all photos renamed and organized into logical groupings, and everything scanned to .pdf files and uploaded at the end of each day.

I'm not going to lie - the job ate my lunch. On the first day, the fuel pump quit on my truck, so I had to get a rental and send the truck to a mechanic. On the second day, my wife got rear-ended at an intersection. A week and a half into the surveys, my wife came down with pneumonia. It was a very, very long two weeks.

All work had to be completed and uploaded by Monday morning. I finished my last location on the Saturday prior to that at noon. So, it doesn't look like much, but that's what this 3" binder full of surveys represents.

Attachments

• Surveys1.jpg
    Surveys1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 104
  • Surveys2.jpg
    Surveys2.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 137

Moze

These were for Starbucks...it's no huge secret I guess.

I've never surveyed Walgreens, but I did survey for the Eckerd/CVS conversion as well as the Rite Aid conversion a few years back. That was a massive project.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Surveying is about 1/4 my job. I was in San Francisco for a week and took my kid so he could help, and the next week, Minnesota for a few days just on one job. My butt still burns from all the walking.

Moze

It's great exercise. I should have gotten a pedometer...I bet I walked a 1/4 mile per site.

I surveyed and installed vinyl for a number of Bank of the West locations out there in SF some years back and the fog/humidity killed me. It was the frosted vinyl to boot, so it made for a long couple of weeks.