• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SVG CUT FILE AI to Onyx RIP 11 - distorted lines

I really don't understand what is causing this issue, I am trying to cut out a file with ONYX Rip which ive done many times before. This time the cut lines look all jumbled when it opens in the rip. I have had something similar before and just tried things like Expanding in AI / Outline etc. but nothing im doing is working. I have to save or export the AI as an SVG for the programme to cut it out.. I don't know what im doing wrong please help :D

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 13.28.23.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 13.28.23.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_8160 2.jpeg
    IMG_8160 2.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26

JBurton

Signtologist
SVG's are the worst, I was sure that onyx would accept other cut path file types, but it looks like you're right. Here's the info for cut only on onyx thrive, it may help to review the steps for making a svg in ai.

Attachments

• ONYX-Cut-Only.pdf
    435.9 KB · Views: 26
SVG's are the worst, I was sure that onyx would accept other cut path file types, but it looks like you're right. Here's the info for cut only on onyx thrive, it may help to review the steps for making a svg in ai.
thank you I found this too, and ive done this many times and I managed to solve it eventually but not this time. Im aware ONYX 11 version is old now but the newer software is so expensive.

I just wish I could figure out what's going on.