• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Swiss Q impala color question

swordguy3222

This is for anyone who has experience with the Swiss Q printers, especially the Impala 4. We are considering one, but after seeing the sample prints for the stock and files we sent them, we find the colors very washed out. Bright red, 100 magenta and 100 yellow, comes out bland almost like pastel on production speeds, but the same file on Speed comes out brighter. Our Fuji Acuity prints the same file much brighter on the reds. My guess is this is rip issue they are having. Has anyone else had this problem? How bright do your bright reds come out? Feel free to post images please, thank you.

AlsEU

It's all about the ICC profiles. If it's wrong (or someone choose the wrong profile, not for the specific substrate), colours may be different than they should. Ask the supplier, why red is washed out.

JBurton

Signtologist
I'd let the sales folks you're speaking with know you are disappointed in the colors, and let them know you're leaning toward an alternative, but you'd still consider them if they hit a brighter red. Odds are it got knocked out quickly, where it may need to be profiled for your material.
I thought Swiss Q was top of the line stuff, never see anybody asking about them except for flatbed printer threads...

ONYXtechtips

In my personal experience, the swissQprint inks hit red pretty well. I would echo what was said and ask if a profile can be created for your specific material. I would assume the file was run with color management set for your file and the build is not necessarily 100m100y. The swissQprint is definitely worth the look and second chance.

Troy Lesher

Merchant Member
Could be several things, File setup, ICC profile, and also a Rip issue, some rips do reds better than others , dont blame it on the printer its a solid performer with colors.